Can paying rent on time boost credit scores for tenants?May 11, 2021
It’s a buyer’s market in the pandemic era for those looking for a new home to rent. With landlords eager to bring in tenants, rents have gone down anywhere from 10-25% in some metropolitan areas. Even so tenants need to be careful before signing the lease. One must of course look around the apartment to make sure it suits one’s life. However there are some issues that are best clarified in the 1-1 conversation with a landlord. Here are 10 questions the tenant should ask a prospective landlord at the time of the showing before committing to a rental application.
- Who pays for the utilities?
- Is there parking? And is it included in the rent?
- What is the garbage collection practice for that apartment neighborhood?
- Where’s the nearest pharmacy?
- Where’s the nearest grocery store?
- How do I control the heat/cooling?
- What’s the public transit like in the neighborhood?
- How many other tenants are in the same rental building/floor? What, if any, pets do they have.
- How do I collect mail/packages delivered to this address?
- Does the landlord accept rental payments through Dwello? It’s the most frictionless path for managing rent transactions all-around.